1. stripes are forever and always a neutral and will always go with everything, especially if it's a long-sleeve t-shirt.
2. keep your hair and makeup simple.
3. like stripes, florals are very universal and go with most prints. look for a floral pattern with a neutral color background like white, black, or brown so your outfit has a foundation. if it's an especially loud print like these palm pants, the black background will make it feel easier to style -- i know i never think twice about wearing all-black!
4. like makeup and hair, your accessories should somewhat blend in. try accessorizing with natural materials like a round straw bag. you'll achieve an effortless feel that won't compete with all of the patterns going on.
5. there is a hint of orange in the floral pant, which is unexpectedly worn with a pair of creamsicle-colored block sandals rather than something safe like black or brown. don't be afraid of color -- often that solid pop of color really completes the look.